Hybrid solar panel systems are similar to a grid solar system but use batteries to store energy for later use. This ability to store energy enables most hybrid systems to also operate as a backup power supply during a blackout, similar to a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply)
Technically, the hybrid solar panel system refers to two generation sources such as wind and solar. However, the term “hybrid solar panels” refers to solar and battery storage which unlike off-grid systems is connected to the electricity grid. We’ve summarized all reasons to use solar hybrid systems for your house right here:
Advantages of having hybrid solar systems for your house:
- The best thing about hybrid solar systems is that they store solar energy and low-cost electricity.
- Use of solar energy at peak usage times is made possible.
- They can be used for advanced energy management.
- Enables energy independence.
- Is a great way to reduce power consumption from the grid.
Disadvantages of using hybrid solar panel systems for your house:
- It has a higher cost than grid-solar
- It has a battery life of 7-15 years.
- It can limit the number of appliances you can run at one time. They depend on the hybrid inverter and its capacity.
How a hybrid solar system works:
One of a kind, the most economical hybrid solar system uses an all in one battery inverter which contains a solar inverter and a battery inverter at the same time. Combined with clever controls, the hybrid solar system with a lithium battery is a complete package. You can also create hybrid solar systems with Tesla Powerwall batteries, which YellowLite is licensed to install.
Altogether, Hybrid solar systems are a good deal and must be considered if you have high energy usage.